Acts 24-26 - Surrendering our Expectations - Ryan Rhoden
October 2, 2022
Paul heard and was directed by God, and how that impacted how he carried himself through opposition, riots, physical attacks, arrests, trials and imprisonment.
Hearing God clearly doesn’t guarantee smooth sailing and it does't insulate us from disappointment but it is about trusting God with the His timing and how it comes about.
Let's see what we can learn from Paul in how he navigates this reality.
- What are being reformed around?02:43
- Hearing God's Voice04:48
- Carry God's Voice in Humility07:33
- Finding Peace in God's Voice09:02
- Partnering with God's Peace11:47
- Paul’s trial before Felix14:43
- Trial before Festus17:13
- Trial before King Agrippa (Is this the moment)20:07
- How Paul Navigates Disappointments23:10
- Remaining Faithful26:52
- Show up to the life is happening around you28:08
- The Idol of Expectation31:18
- Surrendering our Expectations36:55
- Yielding to God38:47
- How did Paul do it?39:10
- Desire is an invitation to God40:55
- Letting Go of Hope42:44
- Prayer and Ministry